Springe direkt zu Inhalt

2. How to apply successfully

Does a passed intermediate examination suffice as a substitute for a university degree?

No, a bachelor or an equivalent first university degree is required.

Do I have to have all my transcripts translated?

No, only a certified translation of your university diploma is needed and only if it is written in any other language than German, English, French, Spanish or Italian. Chinese and Mongolian certificates, however, have to be attested by the German Embassy in Beijing.

What is the FU Berlin's TOEFL code?

FU Berlin does not have a TOEFL code. At the test center you will be asked where you would like the TOEFL score to be sent to. Provide the following address:

Freie Universität Berlin
Institute for East European Studies
EES Online
Garystr. 55
D-14195 Berlin

If you have already passed the test: You do not need to hand in your original TOEFL record. A certified copy is acceptable.