Our Admission section offers you information on the application process, admission criteria, application deadlines, as well as our contact details.
Get started with your application today!
Are you eligible to study East European Studies Online? Have a look and find out:
- You have a genuine interest in East European Studies and a strong motivation to work in a challenging and intercultural environment.
- You hold a first university degree (BA, MA, Diploma, state examination, etc.), preferably in, but not limited to, political sciences, humanities, or social sciences, including law and economics.
- You are fluent in English.
- You have reliable access to adequate electronic equipment – in particular, internet access and a computer capable of working with multimedia course materials.
- You have at least one year of relevant postgraduate work experience and want to take the next step in your career.
Please submit your application online via our application software.
To apply successfully, please have a look at our application checklist:
- First university degree (BA, MA, Diploma, state examination, etc.).
- If English is not your native language, a language certificate verifying English proficiency is required (TOEFL, IELTS, or equivalent).
- Letter of motivation (up to 500 words, in English)
- Curriculum vitae in table form (in English)
- Two letters of recommendation from academic and/or professional referees (preferably in English, although German will be accepted). Our application tool helps you to contact your referees – take a look and see how it works.
- A certified translation for all documentation written in any language other than German or English. Diplomatic missions are one way to receive certification. To find the nearest diplomatic mission in your country, please visit the website of the German Federal Foreign Office.
East European Studies Online seeks qualified candidates with strong analytical skills, dedication, and a genuine interest in Eastern Europe. For the selection process, your application is therefore evaluated within the following parameters:
- Field and quality of your first university degree
- Particular eligibility for East European Studies Online according to the mission statement
- English language competency
- Details on previous education, training and career experience that are relevant to the East European Studies master program
Successful candidates will be informed and offered a place in the program by the end of April.
Dates and Deadlines
The program starts in October each year. The application deadline is March 31 of every year. It is possible to send us documents after the deadline. However, please make sure to submit your application as completely as possible.
Please register for our online application tool to start your application.
Please address your questions to Sabine Pag (student advisor).
email address: email@example.com
skype name: eesonline
See our flyer for a short introduction to our program.
East European Studies Online
Institute for East European Studies
Tel: +49 30 838 54033 or +49 30 838 59267
Fax: +49 30 838 454033